Facebook is undoubtedly one of the most popular Social Networking Communities over the internet today, with over 500 million users from all over the world logging in to their accounts each day. If you are an entrepreneur, you should certainly take advantage of this particular social site to promote your own small business.
But creating a Facebook page for your business is only the first step. Check out the following tips on how you can use your Facebook page as an effective internet marketing strategies.
1. Make your Page Interesting. When you set up a page for your business, you need to make it look fun and interesting. Be sure to fill-out the details in your profile, post photos of your products, making sure that the shots are creative to capture the peoples attention. According to surveys, Facebook pages with images receive a much higher click rate than pages that contains text-only updates.
2. Promote your Facebook Page. Dont forget to promote your Facebook page or badge on your business website, blog, Twitter and other social media sites. Be sure to announce it in your press releases and in the articles you distribute. Include a link to your Facebook page in your email marketing. Make it easier for people to reach your FB page, add you as a friend or become a fan.
3. Update your page regularly. Its important to allot a few hours of your time each day to update the contents of your page and respond to the notifications you receive. You may have new requests waiting to be accepted or you might have inquiries from prospective customers. If you dont have time to do it on your own, designate someone or hire someone who can maintain your businesss Facebook account for an hourly pay.
4. Make it interactive. Dont use your FB page purely to advertise or talk about the products and services you offer. Instead, involve your audience. Let your customers know that this is the place where they can reach out to you give suggestions, ask questions, share ideas and experiences. Be a friend to your Facebook fans.
5. Post something new. Your updates should be something relevant and worth checking out for. Obviously, Cleaning the store front, Just finished delivering the customer orders, or Im glad we had a huge line of customers visit our shop today wont be so compelling. Creating a status message that is both interesting and fun is the way to encourage Facebook users to share your link or click the LIKE button.
6. Be human. Your Facebook business page does not need to be boring or overly formal. After all, it is a Social network where people can share positive interaction. Hence, use your FB page to reach out to your target market but keep it on a positive level. In case you receive a negative comment from an angry customer on your wall, respond to it in a professional manner, making sure that the complaint is being addressed properly.
Lisa Olsen is a junior marketing consultant and writer for Easy Postcard Marketing and has been providing consumers information on direct mail marketing, direct mail advertising and internet marketing strategies. Copyright 2011 http://www.easypostcardmarketing.com/